Episode 101: Gone Girl
We really enjoyed this movie. There’s was so much psycho-crazy, we could’ve talked about almost every scene of this one! Don’t worry, though. We didn’t. But we did talk long enough to cover the following:
- How couples go from seeing the cute in each other, to seeing the annoying
- The difference between Type A and Type B personalities.
- What Amy means when she says that men treat their wives like the Highway Patrol
- “I’m better off now that I’m gone…..” Many people have fantasies of escaping their lives, just like Amy, but also very different than Amy (becuaseAmy is psycho!)
- “Nick doesn’t get to win” – Couples can have a tendency to compete with each other and it usually weakens their bond, rather than strengthening it.
- Nick interviews Amy’s ex! – We love this scene- Have you ever wished you could interview your partner’s ex? I know I have!
- Desi brings Amy all the makings of a makeover – uh, don’t forget where the gym is honey, I want you to look just like you did when we first met.
- The Sex Murder Scene! (you’ll have to listen for this one)
- “You might thank her, Just don’t piss her off!” - Wise words considering Nick loves a cold-blooded murderer.
- “That’s what marriage is” – uh- no, Amy it is not psych-sex killing to get your husband off the hook for your self-inflicted disappearance! Jeesh! What was your parent’s relationship like that you think that?!